Wednesday 16 September 2009

Finding Seadoo Covers

It's that time of year again. It is getting very close to the end of the seadoo season and it's time to give my machine a bath and a quick oil job and find my winter seadoo cover. I have a great time on the water this year. The weather was a bit wet but I was still able to get out most weeks with my friends. Taking my Seadoo around the lake a warm summer mornings is my most favorite summer activity. The thrill and enjoyment of that exercise has never worn off for me.

I am definitely sad that the summer is drawing to a close. If I'm lucky I might get out once or twice before October but I'm not counting on it. I have my Seadoo on the trailor and it is ready to be towed in either direction. I can tow it back to the lake if I have the opportunity or, lacking an opportunity to get to the lake, I can tow it back to my buddy's garage where I store it for the winter.

The one thing I need to do is to find a new Seadoo cover. My old one was in pretty rough shape at the start of the summer and deteriorated even further over the course of the summer. Seadoo covers are not hard to find but I am a little bit picky about the design, colours, and price. If at all possible I would like to get a second hand Seadoo Cover. I would be fine with green, blue or purple but the colour must be dark with lighter highlights. I particularly do not want anything like a lightning bolt or flames on it. Do I sound picky?

I started my search for Seadoo Covers on Craigslist. I posted an ad stating that I was looking for a good quality Seadoo cover for under $100. So far I have not been contacted. I understand that there are a few more free websites and I intend to post ads there as well. A friend of mine suggested that I post a "wanted ad" on the bulletin boards of all the local marinas, boat supply shops and boat dealerships. I think that's a good idea and I will get around to that next week. The same friend also suggested that some Seadoo PWC dealers may sell second hand Seadoo covers on consignment. That is also a good sugestion. If anyone has a good idea on how to buy a seocnd hand Seadoo cover I'd love to hear from you.

If I am unable to locate a decent second hand seadoo cover I will end up buying a new one with the hopes that there might be some end of season sales. Whatever happens I want to start the 2010 Seadoo season with a new Seadoo cover.

I also manged to get out on the water in some other forms of personal watercraft . Everytime I went to my parent's cottage I was able to windsurf and canoe. the quietness of those types of PWCs make a good change from the thrill of riding my Seadoo PWC.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe summer. I look forward to seeing everyone for the 2010 PWC Season. In the interim, I will keep you updated on my search for Seadoo cover.